Skip to content
Quinoa Mushroom Soup
- One cup of Keen One Whole Seed Tricolor Quinoa
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- Liberal amount of fresh mushrooms (we used white, brown, and shiitake for this recipe)
- Optional: Fresh Herbs (parsley, cilantro, or rosemary)
- Finely chop and sauteé the garlic and onion with butter. Keep heat low to prevent browning.
- Boil mushroom in 1/2 cup of water for 15 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the onion/garlic. Set aside stock for later.
- Let vegetable mixture sweat on low heat for around ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat cups of stock in a large saucepan and add boiled mushroom stock.
- Add vegetables and herbs to the stock and let simmer for at least one hour.
- While the soup simmers, cook the quinoa in a separate saucepan and add it to the soup. This will prevent the quinoa from absorbing excessive amounts of the stock.
- Season to taste and enjoy!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.