- 1 cup of Keen One Original Quinoa
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cups of chocolate chips
- Sift together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the buttermilk and whisk together, then whisk in the vanilla extract and the oil.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, and quickly whisk together. Fold in the quinoa.
- Heat a griddle over medium-hot heat. If necessary, brush with butter or oil. Cook until bubbles begin to break through, two to three minutes. Turn and cook on the other side for about a minute or until nicely browned. Remove from the heat, and continue cooking until all of the batter is used up.