- 1/2 cup of Keen One Garden Medley Quinoa
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock, plus 1 cup water
- 1 pound skinless chicken breast, diced (optional)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pot and saute the onions over medium-high heat until they are soft and translucent, 4-5 minutes. While the onions are cooking, bring another pot of salted water to a boil and add the quinoa.
- Cook Keen One Garden Medley Quinoa to package directions
- When the onions are ready, add the chicken or vegetable stock and water and bring to a bare simmer. When the quinoa is ready, add to the chicken or vegetable broth. Add the diced chicken breast if desired to the pot. Let this cook 5-8 minutes, then taste the soup for salt.
Beat the eggs in a bowl. Whisking constantly, add the lemon juice to the eggs. You will need to temper the eggs before you add the egg-lemon mixture to the soup. It takes both hands to do this. With one hand, whisk the egg-lemon mixture vigorously. With the other, slowly pour in a ladle's worth of hot broth. Do this at least twice, and you can add as many ladle's worth of broth as you want to the mixture.
- Turn the heat off the soup. Whisk the soup with one hand while you pour the hot egg-lemon mixture in with the other. Serve at once, garnished with parsley.