We may only be in March, but there is never a bad time to bring some summer flavors to your kitchen! This Black Bean, Corn, and Chipotle Quinoa summer salad is a gorgeous, colorful, and healthy salad that will spice up your usual salad line-up. Not to mention the ingredients pack a plant-based protein punch, and the savory tang of the citrus dressing will satisfy your craving for bold flavors. This salad is quick and easy to put together when you are in a pinch. Simply combine the ingredients and toss in the classic yet delicious dressing.
Keen One’s Chipotle Quinoa Cup pairs beautifully with the black beans, corn, and cilantro in this salad. The Chipotle Quinoa Cup contains nutritious organic quinoa, hemp, roasted corn, black beans, and chipotle peppers that make you feel as if you are right in the heart of Mexico. Complement it with the fresh cherry tomatoes and pop of cilantro and boom… you have a culinary masterpiece!
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cilantro and avocado to garnish
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- ½ lime, squeezed
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse canned black beans and corn
- Quarter cherry tomatoes
- Remove fresh cilantro from stem and chop
- Make dressing by squeezing the lemon and lime into a bowl. Add lemon juice, olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl and pour dressing over
- Toss to combine
- Garnish with avocado and extra cilantro