If you own an Instant Pot or other multicooker, you already have an easy way to prepare quinoa in a matter of minutes! Because Keen One Quinoa comes already triple washed and ready to enjoy, simply follow a handful of steps to have perfect, fluffy, ready-to-eat quinoa from your Instant Pot. This method is so simple, quick, and hands-off. Once your quinoa is cooked, you are ready to incorporate it into your favorite quinoa recipes!
- Add quinoa and water or vegetable broth to the Instant Pot in the ratio of 1 part quinoa, 1.5 parts water or broth. If you are making one cup of quinoa, add 1 and a half cups of water or broth to the Instant Pot.
- Stir to prevent sticking.
- Pressure cook on high for 3 minutes. It takes about 8 minutes for the Instant Pot to pressurize before cooking begins.
- Once the Instant Pot Timer goes off, allow it to naturally release for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure. Once the steam has fully escaped, carefully remove the lid.
- The quinoa is ready to be enjoyed immediately in the recipes of your choice.
Using this simple method, quinoa can be easily prepared in your Instant Pot in approximately 20 minutes. The leftover quinoa can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for 1 month. Cooking quinoa in the Instant Pot is not only convenient, it also could lead to the preservation of vitamins and minerals due to the short cooking time when compared to longer cooking methods. Additionally, this method lends itself well to meal preparation. Simply cook a large batch of quinoa at the beginning of the week, and have delicious, ready-to-eat quinoa to incorporate into your favorite recipes for the next 5 days!