- Has higher amounts of magnesium, iron, and zinc than most other grains
- High amounts of folate and vitamin E
- Antioxidant-rich (red quinoa and black quinoa especially!)
- Trial shows quinoa consumption showing "a cup of cooked quinoa for 12 weeks led to a 36 percent drop in triglycerides"
- Source: NutritionFacts.org
We're always looking for sources that may be helpful for our readers, and we thought this YouTube video showed very fascinating research results! You may have already known that quinoa is a complete protein, meaning that it contains all nine essential amino acids. Did you know that studies show that quinoa consumption also lowers triglycerides? NutritionFacts.org had a great video covering this topic! Triglycerides are a type of fat that is created and stored after calories are consumed and not used right away, and high levels of triglycerides lead to health problems regarding your heart and metabolism. Here are some more health benefits of quinoa that you may or may not know!